JOIN US FOR TAX SEASON!
We’re looking to hire a Remote Tax Professional
We are looking for someone we can trust and someone we can show that they can be productive working remotely.
Our most basic requirement is to “get stuff done”. In other words, finish accurately and meet deadlines. We provide the flexibility and you show us that you are great at what you do, finish tax engagements adequately and add to the success of the business overall.
It’s okay if you prepare taxes at one in the morning wearing Marvel pajama pants, burning incense and listening to smooth jazz. Whatever works for you is your prerogative. You establish your own rules for being a good remote tax professional.
Communication and accountability are key.
We are looking for someone that can be our next “Tax Guru”.
This is a contractor (1099) position.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
You’ll have the ability to positively impact U.S. taxpayers all around the world.
Help people with their tax returns and financial problems that can actually change their lives.
POSITIVELY CHANGE U.S. TAXPAYERS LIVES
One of the main reasons we started our company was so that US taxpayers abroad would have the freedom and flexibility to obtain quality tax preparation and representation regardless of their location worldwide.
OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH
Be a part of a talented team where you will be challenged each and everyday. We move fast and we make BIG things happen. We are a quickly growing company and promote from within. Your opportunity for growth inside of our company is exciting.
This is a tax school that you get paid for. You will not only work within a dynamic business, you will be immersed in working with tax professionals and learning about real life business.
We hire motivators, go-getters & the determined and we will treat you like one.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Be a part of something bigger than yourself, and join us in the impact that we are making.
How We Work
Meaningful work and opportunities abound for you to build and develop skills in a remote team environment with a family-like atmosphere. Create relationships that will last a lifetime. If you have a friendly disposition and are ready for a challenge, we want to hear from you.
DETAILS ABOUT THE POSITION
As a tax professional you will responsible for a variety of tasks during the lifecycle of our tax preparation process.
Some of these tasks include:
- Tax research and answering client emails such as tax questions and inquiries about information needed
- Preparation of client work papers (our returns are more complex and most of our clients do not have tax documents such as W2s, 1099s, etc. which necessitates the need for work papers to have a path for data entry into our tax software), data entry into Tax Software and posting and reviewing returns with clients
THIS POSITION IS NOT FOR:
- Those who are currently heavily preoccupied and do not have the time and focus required to do a quality job and to meet time commitments
- Those who do not have an active IRS issued PTIN and do not have at least two years of tax preparation experience
- Those looking to only prepare simple tax returns
THIS POSITION IS FOR A PERSON WHO:
- Is a high communicator
- Takes ownership and pride in their work
- Is not afraid of new challenges including the unique and complex returns.
- Loves learning new skills and can pick up on new tasks quickly
- Loves preparing tax returns and answering tax questions from clients whether explaining tax law or explaining what tax documents/information is needed
- Wants to be compensated fairly for their contributions and value
- Wants to set their own work hours and work on the go (if desired)
WHY SHOULD I BE INTERESTED IN THIS JOB?
- You will be able to push yourself mentally and put your tax professional skills to use in a variety of new and different challenges. There is never a dull moment.
- You will be paid to do what you already love.
WHY THIS JOB IS IMPORTANT:
- We experience tremendous growth each year and need someone who can really own this role.
- We are still a small firm and you will have your hands in a variety of projects and engagements that you will not encounter on a regular basis at other small firms and typically won’t have the opportunity to regularly experience at a larger firm.
WHAT IS THE PAY:
We pay Split Free starting at 70/30
30% paid once the returns are prepared, reviewed, posted for client review, accepted by the IRS – your pay is not contingent on us receiving the client payment first before you get paid for your work… we handle the heavy!
We can not predict how long each return would take you to complete, but our experience shows that it takes about 2.5 hours to prepare most returns and we allocate 1 hour to client communication and information gathering/requests (most clients need a bit of consistent reminding).
For every 100 returns complered, the rate changes from 30% to 20% in favor of tax professional!
Sound good?Tell us more about you!
- Professional, friendly atmosphere with teamwork and support
- Create Your Own Schedule
- Office bonus based on annual growth
- Extensive marketing to bring in new clients
- Additional compensation for experience and education
- Split Fee commission
- Paid Basic Income Tax Training
- Advanced CE courses. Take AFSP, EA or CPA courses and be Certified.
- Lifestyle Benefits
- Referral Bonus for tax preparers who help bring in new tax preparers (new tax preparer must successfully complete the full tax season)
- Off-season opportunities:
- Extensions & late returns
- Taxpayer representation
- Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Mentor other tax preparers
- Payroll Services
- Year-round Career Opportunities – we promote from within!